Saturday, December 26, 2009

Why this blog?

becoming |biˈkəmi ng |
noun Philosophy
the process of coming to be something or of passing into a state.


As a young wife and mother, I find myself wanting to become better, to improve the things I do every day in hopes of improving the lives of my husband and child(ren).

Sometimes I feel more motivated to do so, other times not so much.

I am constantly finding and hearing ideas that inspire me with these ambitions I have and wanted a place to write my thoughts and finds while attempting to become who I desire to be in my heart. This won't be some place where I write life-altering ideas, but rather it will be a place to keep track of the small and simple steps I take in achieving this goal... and no, it won't happen in a week, a month or even a year. It will take a lifetime, and it's something I look forward to - hoping each year brings me one step closer to becoming the wife and mother I yearn to be.

...so there you have it, the blog "Becoming Rose" was started. For those who may not know, Rose is my middle name.

And Gena Rose is what my step-dad called me all the time. Sometimes I was annoyed. Why couldn't he just say my first name? But my step-dad was always one who encouraged me to be a lady, to be better and to reach for the stars, if you will. So that is why I feel this blog is named perfectly for my purpose in having it- for it is that woman, that "Gena Rose" that he constantly saw me as, that I aim to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment