Sunday, January 24, 2010

Slacker

This last week I was a slacker in my home-management. I let the laundry go and have a mound of folding to catch up on tomorrow. And since I forgot to lay out our Sunday clothes before bed last night, the little miss and I spent a good 20 minutes rummaging around for her tights and my skirt (which I still haven't found (weird!) and had to go with another one) before church this morning. I also let my spread (hair ties, make-up, odds and ends) on the bathroom counter get larger and larger every day, and my dirty dishes sometimes stayed in the sink for more than 24 hours.

I definitely notice and feel a difference when my home is organized and when it's not. I never really thought it made much of a difference to me, but our home atmosphere is so much more calm and peaceful when stuff is put away.

I guess it's just really hit me lately of how this home-management thing is my job, just like going to school and working here and there are Mr. B's jobs right now. It's the least I can do to keep our home in proper order so he doesn't have to worry about it and can relax after a stressful day. (Though, he is all too helpful during those days when he is home and I'm not to make sure it stays clean then too.) Like I've mentioned before, I wouldn't slack off if being paid by an employer (well, I do blog from work - but that's only because there really is nothing more I can do there sometimes). So why should I slack off in the place that is most important to my family? Where we spend the most time? And where our little memories of togetherness are made?

This week I am recommitting myself to staying on top of my home-management. No more mounds of laundry. No more cluttered bathroom counter. No more dirty dishes left in the sink for a day. (And it really isn't hard or time consuming when I do stay on top of it, little by little.)

No comments:

Post a Comment