Friday, February 19, 2010

2010 Book #3: The Giver

I can't remember when I first read this book, maybe 4th, 5th or 6th grade? For school, of course. But it happened to be our book club reader for this month so I picked it up again. It was interesting to re-read, as I'm much older and wiser now, and gain a new perspective of the whole story and life that these characters live.

All in all, a good read- not my favorite but decent. I think I'm just unhappy because the ending kind of leaves you hanging, and I like things to be complete and happy and work out. But I did find out there is kind of a sequel to this one, kind of, meaning the characters are mentioned again, but I'm not sure if anymore answers are really given. I probably won't get to reading it ... anytime soon anyway. I figure there are probably other books I would enjoy more.

No comments:

Post a Comment