Friday, February 5, 2010

Just keeps getting better...

From my first moments as a mother, I've appreciated the little gestures and expressions my little daughter has been able to make, expressing (what I feel) is her love to me and acknowledgment that I'm her mother and she's happy to be with me.

From the tiniest little grin to a belly laugh, to looking right into my eyes and really recognizing me - all these little moments have just meant so much and help me go on during those moments of frustration and stress.

And just when I think it can't get any better, that she can't get any sweeter... It does. She does. Because now not only does she express herself through all those same ways (laughing, looking at me, smiling, etc.) but she now throws her arms around my neck in the tightest little grip she can muster and gives the biggest (sometimes very slobbery) kisses. She can't get enough of it. And neither can I. I love being wrapped up in her big hugs and feeling like I'm doing something right and that she feels like I'm her best friend (maybe second only to her Dad).

There's nothing more rewarding to me than feeling appreciated and loved by my little girl. I've always known being a mother is an important and noble role, but now I know just how special it really is. I hope we always have a special bond and that no matter what we go through in life together, she'll always feel like she can put her arms around me and hug me as tight as she possibly can - whether it's out of joy, pain or whatever! I hope she always knows I'm there for her and she can count on me, just like I know my mom is there for me and I can count on her.

No comments:

Post a Comment