Friday, September 23, 2011

My perfect life

While making dinner tonight, I turned around from the stove and found this scene:

My two perfect children sitting perfectly still and quiet each in their own perfect little chair, reading books to themselves, in a perfectly clean room (minus that outrageous shoe pile!)

I just stood and watched for a few seconds and took it all in.

Because... this week has been far, far from perfect.
I am grateful for an encouraging and understanding husband, my own mom who has 'been-there-done-that' with none other than ME! and gives support and advice (Yes, I know it's hard to believe, but I once was a strong-willed, stubborn little wild child too), a Heavenly Father who is there to listen when I need to pray (ALL DAY) and who somehow knows when a moment of peace is needed most so I can hear answers to my prayers for how to deal with what's in my face at the moment.

Sometimes as a mom, it's a miracle to get through one day,
let alone one CRAZY DIFFICULT WEEK.
I'm trying to enforce the power of positive thinking:
I just keep having to remind myself that this is only a phase, and she really is a sweet little girl. And I have had sweet moments with her too this week despite all the angry ones. She's only three for just a little while, and she is teaching me lessons I wouldn't learn otherwise. I might even miss this one day?

No comments:

Post a Comment