Friday, May 25, 2012

Pity party for one

pity party for one

I was feeling rather sad for myself this afternoon.
My husband was gone.
Both Nicole and Alyssa were gone for the weekend. 
It felt quite lonely.
And outside, it looked like this:

I was having my own little pity party. 
It was only 3 p.m.
I decided I had to snap out of it for everyone's sake. 
No more moping around. 



So I turned on some music. 
It started to help immediately. 


We danced and danced and danced. 

Then I asked the kids if they wanted to make something for daddy. Of course they did!
We traced their little bodies, giving a "hug" so we could send him an air-hug through the mail. 
They had a lot of fun with this, and when the paper Avie and Jack were all cut out, 
they made great little babies for them to pretend with for awhile.


Avie wanted princess sleeves (gloves) on hers and would giggle when she thought of her daddy opening it up to see those on her when she doesn't really have any.


 
We caught sharks on my bed for awhile too. Avie made a contraption with one of Spencer's old deodorants (that I had washed out for them earlier this week at their request because they love to act like they are putting it on) and some masking tape. She would lure the sharks in with the tape, and then they'd get caught inside the holes and be stuck inside forever. 

At one point, she had to make a call to a shark catcher guy.
It went something like this: 

{in her sweet normal voice}  "Uh, hi. I am just sitting here in my yard and have a pile of sharks here, and I put this smell (the deodorant) at them and they didn't like it, and do you have a sharp knife so you can come and kill them forever?"
{in a slightly deep voice} "Uh, yeah. I have that. I can come to do that. I'll be right there."
{back to her sweet normal voice} "OK. Thanks so much. I'll see you soon."

We also had popcorn and pancakes for dinner. 


Oh, and Spencer sold a car today!!! One with a bonus even!
Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment