Monday, January 18, 2010

Menu Plan Monday - Jan. 18th

Let me first start off this week by saying that the Freakin' Amazing Sauce recipe from last week tasted exactly like the real thing from Winger's. We'll never have to worry about going there again just for their sticky fingers when we can make them at home anytime!

Last week's meals went pretty good, and I'm excited for some of our favorites this MPM. As you can see my menu planning kinda goes by what nights Mr. B will be home or not. I tend to make it really easy on myself if he's not (which explains tonight's). =)

I am also trying to use up things we have in our cupboards - so even if I add a link here to one of the recipes I'm making, I may alter it in one way or another depending on what we have on hand. (OK, so there's only one link this week... and yeah, I'm using different noodles we already have. Same taste. Different effect. Cheaper for me.)

Monday: Mac & Cheese w/ hot dogs

Tuesday: Beef Noodle Bowl (We love this one!)

Wednesday: Mom's enchiladas

Thursday: Leftovers

Friday: Breakfast for Dinner (most likely French toast)

Saturday: Homemade pizza

Sunday: Teriyaki chicken sandwiches with all the trimmings (We just freeze chicken in the teriyaki (or whatever sauce) so it's good and flavored. So easy and ready for whatever you want!)

And now I have a question- Growing up Sunday dinners were very simple, a lot of the time grilled cheese and tomato soup were it! And it was great... but my Mr. B thinks Sunday dinners should be special, nicer, bigger-deal meals because that's what he's used to. So... I am wondering what are other people used to? Do you like to keep Sundays simple? Or do you do something special? I try to mix it up for us - sometimes we do a little more, sometimes a little less. It works. I'd love to hear some of your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment