Thursday, April 8, 2010

Tired.of.apartment.life.

I know I shouldn't complain. After all, we are going to be living in an apartment for quite awhile still. And then some! But sometimes I just can't help myself. Usually I am pretty tolerant of noise coming from neighbors who surround us. Because, hey, it's apartment life! You just have to deal with it sometimes. But lately, I just feel so fed up with it all. We had new neighbors move below us a couple months ago, and he's a sports fanatic, to say the least.

With all windows closed, I can still him shouting "C'mon, Let's go!.... NO!!!!!!!" at his TV screen, while the muffled shouts, whistles and cheers from the audience and refs who are at the actual game are rumbling in the background as well.

So, OK, the man likes his sports. I can put up with that, but the thing that really bugs me is that he's doing this at 11, 12, 1 o'clock at night! It really is annoying. And when I sleep on the couch (for hopes of better comfort in this last trimester) and wake up at 1:30 a.m. to them having a party, I get really mad. Maybe even mad enough to stomp my way across the floor back to the bedroom. Twice. I mean, c'mon, try to have a little consideration for your neighbors! Isn't there a rule of 'quiet hours'? And yes, I am very mature...

So for now, I feel the least degree of guilt when my husband walks heavy, my daughter drops something or I bowl on the Wii. (It can get kinda intense). Obviously, they don't care so why should we stifle our daily lives to make theirs more pleasant?

No comments:

Post a Comment